Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Young Felon

We're back in action. Lucky for everyone. We are in Las Vegas and on our way out to explore the strip. However, we wanted to blog about an interesting encounter we had at the pool of the Excaliber Hotel (where we are staying).

The three of us are enjoying a relaxing afternoon at the pool when Kara and I decide to take a quick dip. Here is where we are approached by a young man named Josh. He is wearing khaki shorts and has tattoos across his back and forearm. He is also drinking a Mike's Hard Lemonade (commonly known as an alcoholic beverage for female drinkers).

He introduces himself as Josh, as I mentioned, and then stands there in the pool with us, staring at us. So we begin to strike up a conversation . . .

Us: "So Josh, where are you from?"

Josh: "Well I'm from New Orleans but did you know all about the underground 's***' in Las Vegas?"

Us: "No. No, we don't."

Josh: "Well you don't know crap. There is tons of underground s*** all over Vegas. (then he explains all of his knowledge about 'Vegas Underground')."

Us: "Oh, so you've been here before?"

Joh: "Nope just got here yesterday. I'm here until my money rolls out, which should take awhile. Oh yeah, I gotta check on my rubber band banks, yo". (Apparently, 'rubber band banks' are the rolls of cash he left in his shoes by his deck chair. Amazing that he knows so much about the city already . . in less than 24 hours)

Us: "You came by yourself? Your job lets you get up and leave for however long you want?"

Josh: "Well I work for Sonic. You know, I had to get background checks and s***. Pretty serious s***." (Sonic referring to the fastfood burger joint)

Us: "What do you do there?" (Kara is trying to keep a straight face).

Josh: "I make drinks. You know, someone asks for a Dr. Pepper and I make it. That's how it goes."

He eventually tells us he's "joking" and he's really a rapper . . . .

Josh: "Yeah I'm a rapper. You know Lil' Smoky?

Us: "No."

Josh: "You know rapper Lil' Bob?"

Us: "No"

(This continues 3 more times, with 3 more rappers)

Josh: "Well, you girls on MySpace?"

Us: "No"

Josh: "Well whatever, I am a rapper".

We then awkwardly left the pool with the excuse we were going to buy drinks and meet our friend. We tried to persuade Lindsay to come meet him but she wouldn't. Unfortunately.


P.S. Young Felon is the rapper name of Josh. It is tattooed on his left forearm. . . . . wooooow. Feel free to check him out on MySpace, apparently he is on there.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

continuing to set new humor standards in the blogetition.

Karen said...

Didn't your mother ever teach you not to talk to strangers?

Heather said...

Hahahahaha...

That is all.

Anonymous said...

hahaha... Does this white rapper rap about Sonic? That would be classy... He should be on VH1's White Rapper Show...

Unknown said...

Hello ladies ;o) Thanks for the birthday wishes. Hope you are having fun in SD!! I can't believe you have already made it across the US, crazy crazy. Miss you all!

Scott said...

Hey Girls, Sounds like you found the best Vegas has to offer. However, it appears that you need to be a little more descriptive regarding "Young Felon". Of the close to 2 dozen "Young Felons" on myspace in the country, 3 of them happen to live in the greater New Orleans area. I believe this classy guy might be your Josh though. Even if its not, still hilarious. (PS, yes im bored at work on a Saturday)

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=190912768

A Quick description on his page (A 3rd person narrative no less): "At the age of 8, Young Felon endeavored on a journey that would bring him to the status he is at now. Fourteen years later, all the musical talents forturned from the years before have been all brought together in a rhythmatical composition. He is his own producer, song writer, and artist. Most of his music can be compared to his life. Having faced most of the hardships people rarely ever face or face all at one time, he has kept his head up and said it only makes him stronger."

Have fun and keep on... keepin on

Scott